Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Written Words

So, I have discovered an artistic release while being here that I would like to share with you. I like to write poems or something along that line to express myself. I may just post these instead of long blog posts every couple of months because I am only in Namibia for 6 more months! Time has surely flown right on by. I hope you enjoy this peak into the deepness of my heart. Most are about inner struggles I have dealt with while being here. I will just post one every couple of days for you to absorb.

ONE SONG
A song of release, praise and cry for help
What happens when you are stripped of happiness
Stripped from your family
Stripped from your friends
Stripped of all that you claim as your identity
The good part anyway
The mirror reflects anger, pain, selfishness, apathy
The longer I look the darker I get
My skin melts, my face deforms
My eye sockets are dark holes

All I see is darkness 
A black mass
 Somehow I find my way 
I walk through the day
The day becomes night

The blind man sees better than me
The blind man is happier
How can I see like the blind man?

I close my eyes.
I open them.
The reflection is blurry. Hazy. 

I close my eyes. Clinch my eyes.
Tears. I feel tears roll down my face.
 I feel them.
 A warmth.
A wetness. 
A soft smile comes across my face
I am actually feeling tears

I open my eyes
I blink
I blink again and the flood clears from  my eyes
The image in the mirror is becoming clear

And it is not a deformed figure
It is a beautiful young lady
Is that truly me?
Or is that someone else?

Wow, I mean she is truly beautiful
She has a shine 
A sparkle like no other

The sparkle is still there, just dimmer
"Embrace the sparkle. Embrace the shine," I think.
I see the image brighten with clarity.

I am alive.
I am me. 
I need to hold onto this part of me. 

On another note, you should check out a new YouTube Channel my site mate and I are doing called The Damaricans. Check out our first video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCjwbR7K4bw. 

2 comments:

  1. Taylor, thanks as always for sharing. What a powerful reflection of emotions. Will have you check out your youtube channel later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taylor, thanks as always for sharing. What a powerful reflection of emotions. Will have you check out your youtube channel later.

    ReplyDelete